Terms and Conditions
Whenever you register for a class at Colours of Dance you will be asked to agree to our Terms and Conditions of participation. This covers aspects of GDPR as well as ensuring that you are aware of your obligations to us, and our obligations to you. One frequently asked question is surrounding our "Once you're in, you're in" policy. We assume that students will continue lessons with us until we are notified otherwise, and due to this assumption you must give us half a term (around 1 month) notice of your intention to leave the class. You can do this through your account on the web site.
This page only covers Colours of Dance classes. For our Studio Community teachers, please refer to their own web site for the terms of participation.
Colours of Dance Terms and Conditions
Privacy, Your Data and Terms & Conditions of Participation - Revised June 2018
Colours of Dance is committed to the protection of privacy for each individual within its community, be that student, parent, teacher, employee or studio hirer. As part of this commitment, we will only collect, retain and process any data about an individual that is absolutely necessary to
1 - providing the safe provision of dance tuition and examinations and
2 - communicating to teachers, students, parents, employees and studio hirers information about relevant activities in the school, special events and fees due.
Colours of Dance will not share any information about any individual with any third party without the specific, express and advance permission of the individual concerned. Colours of Dance does not use ‘mailing lists’. You will only receive emails from Colours of Dance administrative staff that are relevant to you/the student personally or to your class. In general start/end of term emails to the whole school, the Principal may decide to include information about other classes or new classes that are coming to the community that she thinks you may be interested in. There will be no paid for advertising in these emails.
For more detailed information about the collection and processing of personal information at Colours of Dance, please contact the Principal.
You will be reminded to review the Colours of Dance Privacy Statement and the Terms and Conditions as and when they change and at the start of each academic year. We ask you annually to review (and re-consent if you wish) to ensure that the terms of the agreement under which each student is enrolled in class are in place between you, the student and the teacher.
You will be prompted to review the T&Cs annually when you log in to your Colours of Dance Online account on our web site after the end the Summer Term each year or you may receive an email from the Principal directly suggesting you do so.
Any questions about the Privacy Statement or the Terms and Conditions should be addressed to the Principal.
Colours of Dance Class Terms of Participation
Relating to Students
- To register for classes, the student or parent (where the student is aged under 18) must complete an online registration form in advance of the first class for each student who wishes to attend
- Registration will create an online account with Colours of Dance, containing essential and personal details of declared by you. You may review and update these details at any time by logging into your account using your email address and the PIN number you can claim at the login page. You should ensure that emergency contact/medical details are kept up to date
- Your online account gives access to your 'basket' through which you pay for your fees online.
- Students are not required to re-register each term or if they graduate to a new class - their registration will move with them. Once you’re in, you’re in!
- As a matter of professional respect and courtesy to teachers working with, developing and mentoring their pupils, Colours of Dance does not accept students currently studying with another teacher/dance school, except where that teacher requests it, or the parent has agreed with that teacher that they will attend both schools. We ask that Colours of Dance pupils wishing to attend dance classes in another school or under another teacher treat us with the same courtesy and speak to us before attending any other classes. This is also a matter of safeguarding, as we like to ensure that our pupils study under responsible, properly trained and registered teachers in a safe and supportive environment.
- Students should be healthy enough to attend dance classes whilst understanding that dance classes are absolutely suitable for a wide range of fitness and ability types. Please speak to the teacher about any issues before the start of class, however insignificant they may seem. For more complex/on-going issues, please discuss these with the teacher or Principal in advance and provide medical documentation as may be necessary.
- Students should be comfortable learning in a group setting, where from time to time they will be arranged into smaller groups, pairs or solo.
- If there are any learning issues associated with a student, you should speak to the Principal before attending to ensure the chosen class is suitable for the student. We enjoy working with all types of learning skills, and this is most successful when parents/students and teachers work together.
- The teacher of each class will discuss the progress of individual students with students themselves, or their parents on an ad hoc basis as they deem appropriate and necessary. If parents or pupils would like to arrange a time for further information, please contact the office to set this up.
- If you are not able to come to class due to last minute illness, emergency or the A14, please let your teacher know at the next lesson.
- If you know you will need to miss a class, please contact the office to let the teacher know, and when suitable, to arrange a make-up class. Missed classes are the responsibility of the parent/student and it may not be possible to attend another in replacement. Colours of Dance does not have a responsibility to make up a missed class to the student.
- Communications regarding term dates, fees, watching week or anything else will normally be made by email. We aim that all emails are tailored to a group or series of individuals. From time to time, there will be a wider school communication which you may feel does not relate to you, in which case please delete it!
- You should always receive 3 emails a term - at the start of term, at half term and at the end of term. If you think you have not received these emails, please check your email settings, junk folder, and contact us to help you not miss out.
- Fees are due in full by the first day of each term (or at the second lesson, where a student is new), and are payable in full for the whole/pro-rated term, unless a separate agreement is made with the Principal. Please note:
- If any class is missed due to absence of the student, there will be no refund
- If any class is cancelled, a make-up class will be offered at a later date or a refund will be given in the form of credit into your basket
- Current fees are posted on the Colours of Dance website.
- Fees that remain unpaid on the first day of term lose discounts
- Fees that remain unpaid after the completion of the second lesson, will be liable to a late payment charge equal to 10% of the total fees due.
- Discounts are offered for 'early bird settlement' and between siblings and the parents within a family.
- Students may be invited for external examination or medal test by their teacher when they are ready. The readiness of students for examinations and tests is assessed jointly by the class teacher and the Principal and decisions made by them are final. Students are able to progress in all dance styles without examination. Please note that not all students in a class will be ready for examination at the same time.
- To leave a class, please give at least one month's notice (approximately half a term). To give notice, please email, or speak in person or by phone. You may be billed for half a term's fees of the class you have left if you do not give notice and simply do not turn up to class.
- When you give notice to leave Colours of Dance, the online account created for you will be deleted after your last lesson. The personal data will be retained for up to 1 year after the notice is effective, with final deletion being performed by 31st August in the academic year in which notice was given. Where financial records have to be retained as required by HMRC regulations, these will be anonymised, and all personal data removed.
Relating to Parents & Helpers:
- Except for certain pre-school classes, parents do not attend the classes with their children and should be comfortable waiting outside. For younger children, this may require some adjustment and we will work with each child & their parents to help ease this process.
- Parents will be invited to regular 'watching weeks', usually (but not always) held at the end of the Autumn and Summer Terms, so that they may admire their children's progress and support their development. 'Watching Weeks' are held at the discretion of individual teachers and may vary from teacher to teacher & class to class.
- All students under the age of 11 must be collected from the door or foyer of their classes (this is the reception area on the 2nd floor at the CoD Studios) , not from outside the building in which the classes are held.
- A wireless access point is supplied as a bonus benefit to Colours of Dance students and parents at the Histon Road Studios. You will just need the wi-fi password posted in the waiting room to access the network. To keep our network safe and running smoothly, we monitor and may apply limitations for use of this network, relating to images, content and duration of use. Parents, please note that you are responsible for agreeing with your child in advance whether they may bring and use their wifi enabled device at CoD studios and the content that they view via this point. CoD reserves the right to refuse wifi access to any child or adult who we feel is accessing unsafe material or abusing the privilege and if this is the case, the concern will be logged and you will be contacted by the Principal.
- Colours of Dance Studios offers space for waiting & changing students & parents. Failure to meet the below terms and conditions may result in the offending person being asked to wait off the premises:
- All children must be under the supervision of a responsible adult
- Children must not climb on the furniture
- All persons must be respectful that lessons take place and that excess noise is a distraction both for the teachers and the pupils trying to learn. We ask that all people therefore:
- Do not congregate in the foyer area outside individual Studio doors
- Do not make excessive noise while lessons are in progress
- No nuts, and no popcorn are allowed in the building due to the risk of choking and allergies of some of our pupils
- Any mess created must be cleaned up by the person(s) responsible
- Respect must be shown for all Colours of Dance students, physical property, children’s toys, activities and books
Where you attend a class in a location that is not the Colours of Dance studios, we ask that you apply the same respect, care and rules above to waiting areas wherever they are. Colours of Dance will have signed letting conditions in these locations and these will involve us make commitments about respect for property on your behalf. These are available upon request. Failure to meet the standards of respectful use that we ask may result in the offending person being asked to wait off the premises.
Registration Form Next Steps
When we receive your application, which is completed and sent to us on selecting the button below to agree to the Terms and Conditions, we will contact you with all details of the class you have requested to join, including cost and start/trial dates.
Final Confirmation of Agreement
Filling in a registration form does not form a binding agreement between yourself and Colours of Dance. By filling in this form you agree to Colours of Dance storing these details on a computer. We will use this information communicating with you regarding this class and to keep you informed of Colours of Dance activities. We will not pass the information on to any other person or organisation except as required to process information required for the benefit of this pupil. If you do not take up a class with Colours of Dance, the information given in this registration form will be deleted from our records.
If you take up a place with Colours of Dance, this registration information will form the basis of the creation of your Colours of Dance online account and your agreement to be bound by this T&C will be in force from the point of the student’s attendance at a second class and/or the payment of fees.
There are no applicable terms and conditions defined.